If you’ve shot some amazing photos this winter, they could win you a new Panasonic camera. The company is running a winter-themed contest where three winners could score a Lumix GX8 or G7 camera. The campaign ends on February 7.
The winners would also be named Honorary Luminary Team Members, placing them in a group of recognized professional photographers. (A fourth winner will also be chosen, based on popular vote, but no prize is involved.) Existing Luminary Team Member will judge entries submitted. Photos will be judged mostly on creativity, but also photo quality and effort to take the shot. Only one entry per person will be accepted, and will be posted online for public viewing and judging. There’s no restriction on what type of camera can be used, which means photos shot with your phone are fair game. (The legalese can be found here.)
The first-place prize is a GX8 mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera, which comes with 12-35mm and 42.5mm lenses, and a 32GB U3 SD card. Second-place receives a G7 mirrorless MFT camera (which we enjoyed using during a hands-on), 35-100mm lens, and 32GB U3 SD card. A third-place winner will also get the G7 and memory card, but instead of a lens, it will come with the HX-A1 action camera. All winners also get a badge of recognition.
- Lockbox for fridge keeps medication and alcohol away from kids, wins hackathon
- Here’s who won the 2018 Nobel Prizes in Science and why
- LG V40 ThinQ vs. V35 ThinQ vs. V30: Which of LG’s big phones is best for you?
- OnePlus’ ‘Crackables’ includes puzzles in both the digital and physical worlds
- Incredible images reveal the eye of a weevil and other microscopic wonders