PENTAX today announced they’d expanded their line of Optio WPi waterproof digital cameras to include new red and blue colors in addition to the existing silver model. These new cameras are available now for $349.95.
PENTAXâ€s Optio WPi digital cameras, said the company, have a six megapixel CCD sensor packed into a slim design which can take pictures up to five feet underwater. Other features of this product line include a 3x zoom lens, 2â€ LCD monitor, 9-point autofocus, 0.6 second start-up time and a photo undelete function.
“This Optio series is more than just waterproof,” said Ned Bunnell, director of marketing, PENTAX Imaging Company. â€œThese cameras are lifeproof and able to go anywhere there is likely to be a photo opportunity.â€
- Get the GoPro Hero7 for under $200 from Amazon and Walmart
- Golf ball-sized Lume Cube Air is a pocketable LED for photos and video
- Photography News: Raw edits on iPad and an A.I. research lab for PicsArt
- Google is revolutionizing smartphone photos with computing, not lenses
- Photography News of the Week: Announcements from Capture One, ProGrade, and ONA