The Sony NEX-7 has been incredibly anticipated since we first heard about the camera. The interchangeable lens device has bragging rights over competitors’ specs, with its 24.3-megapixel sensor and built-in OLED viewfinder.
Unfortunately, we’ve all been kept waiting for the finished version to make its debut. The camera was held up by the Thailand floods, which severely impacted manufacturing. But now, Sony says it will start shipping NEX-7 pre-orders this month.
“We’re happy to report that the highly anticipated Alpha NEX-7 Camera will start heading to doorsteps this month,” Sony said via its blog. “This very limited inventory will begin shipping to pre-order customers in the next few weeks.”
So if you had the foresight to pre-order your NEX-7, the wait has begun. Otherwise, we suggest you sign-up ASAP and make friends with the Sony customer service team. And in the meantime, check out this hands-on look of the NEX-7 unboxing process. Such a tease.
- 7 cameras that revolutionized photography and changed how we take pictures
- Canon vs. Sony: Which camera brand belongs in your bag?
- Black Friday camera deals 2019: Lowest prices on Canon, Nikon, and Sony
- The best PlayStation 4 exclusives you can get right now
- How Sony’s camera guru is transforming Sony Mobile, starting with the Xperia 5