iPhone will have no headphone jack and other Apple rumors; Giant monitors and new VR takeover IFA in Berlin; Twitter to begin streaming NFL games; A bad day for SpaceX as the Falcon 9 explodes; Digital Trends puts on TechPOP on Thursday, September 7.
Our latest weekly episode of Trends with Benefits features Ashley Salter, Brad Bourque, Rick Stella and Greg Nibler.
Our topics this week:
- iPhone 7 sans headphone jack and other Apple rumors: Apple’s big announcement event is on September 7 and rumors are starting to go crazy! We’ll discuss the latest in iPhone 7 news leaks and speculate about what else will be announced from San Francisco.
- The GIANT LG Monitor and other IFA revelations: Digital Trends is on the ground in Berlin and we discuss the latest and greatest announcements from the huge tech event. Included: Samsung Gear S3, giant monitors, and much more
- Twitter begins streaming NFL Games: Twitter has had an up and down year, but that could be about to change. They beat out Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon and many others for the right to stream 10 NFL games. Will you watch games in this format?
- Bad day for SpaceX: The company founded by Elon Musk hit a setback. The Falcon 9 rocket exploded during tests on its launchpad. We discuss how the fallout and how this will effect the future of commercial space travel.
- TechPOP: The Drone Show: On September 7, join Portland’s DT office at Hotel DeLuxe for the latest TechPOP Event! Watch Drone demonstrations, get hands-on with the HTC Vive, enjoy free food and beverages, and much more. Register now!
Please subscribe and share Trends with Benefits and send in your questions to email@example.com. We also broadcast the show live on YouTube every Thursday at 2:30 p.m. Pacific.
- Trends with Benefits podcast
- Social Feed: Snapchat tests tags, bots want your data, Facebook patents a robot
- Apple is still working on an iPhone without the notch, new patent reveals
- Apple’s latest patents hint at sleep tracker and continued work on AR
- Here are five features we’d like to see on the Samsung Galaxy S9