PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 13, 2021 — Digital Trends Media Group, the largest independent technology publisher, today announced its hotly anticipated list of Top Tech of CES 2021 Award honorees.
Best in Show, the program’s highest honor, went to the LG A-Series OLED TV. A streamlined, affordable version of LG’s excellent OLED display quality, the A-Series is accessible to families and those on a budget at a time when we all have less money and more couch time.
“People are going to love The LG A-Series. There were definitely splashier, more novel entries at CES 2021, and even fancier TVs, but our editorial staff is always looking for technology that will actually make a difference in the world. Considering the world we’re living in now, where people have a greater need than ever to escape while staying in the safety of our homes, making high-end entertainment accessible to the masses is truly an elegant stroke,” explains Jeremy Kaplan, Editor-in-Chief at Digital Trends.
“The LG A-Series TV fills a need. Good technology should be accessible and practical for everyone. This is a step towards equity and truly improving lives through technology, and that’s what Digital Trends is all about,” says Caleb Denison, Senior Editor of Digital Trends.
CES, formerly known as the Consumer Electronics Show, is the nation’s biggest annual tech event, kicking off each new year by showcasing the best and most exciting upcoming innovations and gadgets before they hit markets. This was the first time in its 55-year history that the show was totally virtual, due to COVID-19 safety requirements.
In addition to the awards, Digital Trends created the CES Experience Center, the multimedia online portal through which attendees could access CES interviews, displays, updates, panels and more.
Digital Trends’ editorial staff selected winners and runners up for the following categories: automotive, computing, gaming, TV & audio, smart home, mobile, and Best in Show.
Here are the winners by category:
- Automotive: Mercedes-Benz MBUX Hyperscreen
- Runner Up: Cadillac Celestiq
- Computing: Nvidia GeForce RTX 30-series mobile graphics
- Runner Up: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga
- Gaming: Acer Nitro XV282K KV gaming monitor
- Runner Up: Arcade1Up Pong 4-Player Pub Table
- TV & Audio: Samsung micro-LED TVs
- Runner Up: TCL Alto R1 Soundbar
- Smart Home: Samsung JetBot 90 AI+
- Runner Up: NordicTrack Vault
- Mobile: TCL NXTPAPER tablet
- Runner Up: Motorola Moto G series (2021)
For detailed reviews of each product, please see https://www.digitaltrends.com/features/top-tech-of-ces-2021-awards
About Digital Trends Media Group
Digital Trends Media Group is an award-winning publishing company encompassing a number of millennial-focused media brands including Digital Trends and Digital Trends en Español; men’s lifestyle publication The Manual; and a number of other popular titles. With easy-to-understand reviews and entertaining news and videos, Digital Trends Media Group serves more than 125 million unique visitors each month across partners and platforms. The company’s syndication partners include Apple TV, Android TV, ABC News, Roku, Oath, Fire TV, Atmosphere, DailyMotion, and more. Digital Trends Media Group is headquartered in Portland, OR with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Detroit, Toronto, and Chicago. For more information, visit www.digitaltrends.com.
SOURCE Digital Trends
- 5 TV trends coming out of CES 2021
- Digital Trends Top Tech of CES 2021 Awards
- LG’s UltraFine OLED Pro monitor looks like the ultimate 4K display for creatives
- CES 2021 day one highlights: New TVs, Wi-Fi 6e, and lots of crazy concepts
- LG CES highlights: Everything announced for 2021