According to OkTrends, the data analysis platform behind OkCupid, frequent Tweeters could be putting their relationship at risk. The team’s research of 833,987 users shows that people who use Twitter everyday have a greater chance of breaking up. And the younger the Twitter-addict, the sooner that breakup’s coming. Check out the chart above for yourself.
“Unfortunately, we have no way to tell who’s dumping who here; whether the twitterati are more annoying or just more flighty than everyone else,” OkTrends notes. Seeing as these microblogging fanatics are more often single, this next stat makes sense: People who use Twitter every day are twice as likely to masturbate today. For that revealing number, OkTrends sources 21,315 OkCupid users between the ages of 18 and 24.
To add injury to insult, a report from The Next Web says that Twitter has actually been trying to hide some overzealous Twitter users’ postings, which the site actually confirmed. So a word of warning to all of you this applies to: Not only will your relationship end sooner, you also may have your precious and all-to frequent tweets collapsed.
- Why is Twitter called X now? Here’s everything you need to know
- Instagram Threads: what you need to know, and how to sign up
- Australia threatens Twitter with huge fines over hate speech
- It’s not just you – Twitter is down for users around the world
- How to run a free background check