We recently heard (pun intended) that Facebook was planning to introduce sound notifications to alert users whenever they had a new interaction (treading on some ancient AOL ground, aren’t we?), and today the feature was rolled out. The video below captures the magic at hand.
Now, whenever you get a notification of any kind, Facebook will be audibly letting you know. Before the inevitable backlash, know that there is indeed a way to turn it off.
Hit up your Facebook Settings and head to Notifications. The very first option should say “All notifications, sounds on.” Hit view, and uncheck the box. Done and done.
- Best noise-canceling headphones
- Get your vinyl spinning (and sounding) right with the best phono preamps
- How Lamborghini brought the Urus to life with VR, robots, and even biology
- ‘Baby Driver’ was an entire film built around music. Here’s how they did it
- A crash course in how to make your own memes