Earlier this year, a devastating bushfire killed 173 people in the Australian state of Victoria and destroyed countless properties. The residents said they had little in the way of early warning of the blaze.
"We’ll be providing more information to the community, like Twitter and Facebook – alternative means of communication to get the information out to the public."
"So that they’ve got better information from a variety of sources and if they need to make a judgment to go early, they will go and they will go early."
Previously, advice had been either to stay and try to defend the property against fire or go elsewhere. That’s now being changed to emphasize leaving.
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The 100 best Android apps (September 2021)
- The best iPhone apps (September 2021)
- The 60 best HBO series streaming right now
- The best Amazon Original movies right now