Last year, when that $47 billion deal between Microsoft and Yahoo came to nothing, it was Carl Icahn, the investor whose company controls around 5% of Yahoo’s stock, who tried to forge a new deal. That never happened.
Now he’s back the new deal which will see Microsoft buy Yahoo’s search advertising for a reported $3 billion upfront, with much more to come. All Things Digital has called the new agreement “imminent” – but we’re all waiting for the signatures on the dotted line.
Icahn wouldn’t comment on how negotiation were progressing, but he did tell Reuters he was a "strong advocate of getting a search deal done with Microsoft."
- Best cheap video game deals for September 2021
- Best cheap cordless vacuum deals for September 2021
- Best cheap QLED TV deals for September 2021: Samsung and Vizio
- Best cheap 4K TV deals for September 2021
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for September 2021