Plenty of people rip on Buzzfeed for the overwhelming amount of clickbaity listicles and other viral junkfood that’s published on the site, but we’re fairly certain that nothing has satirized the company so perfectly as this video from halfdaytoday.
The skit is pretty much exactly what the title suggests: It’s a reimagining of the trailer for “The Wolf of Wall Street,” but with Buzzfeed in place of the brokerage house Stratton Oakmont. And it’s brilliant. By slightly tweaking a few of the movie’s most memorable scenes and relating them to the king of viral content, halfdaytoday absolutely skewers Buzzfeed from practically every angle.
Check it out below. We highly suggest watching it more than once, as it takes multiple viewings to catch all the gags and find all the little nuggets of comedy gold.
- CNN cancels its Snapchat-specific show ‘The Update’ after just 4 months
- Amazon takes on UPS and FedEx with its own delivery service
- GrubHub and Yelp team up to offer delivery from more than 80,000 restaurants
- Got a new TV? Save some money with our guide on how to wall mount a television
- Home improvement made easy: Five ways to find a wall stud