Forbes has published its annual list of billionaires, and Mark Zuckerberg, the man who founded Facebook, isn’t on it.
Last year Zuckerberg was reportedly worth $1.5 billion, according to Forbes, and these days he’s scrabbling for spare change as a multi-millionaire. So what happened?
It’s all down to the credit crunch – things just aren’t worth what they used to be, and the dot-com bubble has burst (again). In reality, Zuckerberg’s billionaire status was pretty much just virtual, based on the $15 billion valuation after Microsoft paid $240 million for a stake in the site.
And, as Forbes admits, "it’s hard to imagine the privately held company being worth nearly as much as it was a year ago."
- The 98 best movies on Hulu right now
- The best action movies on Netflix right now
- Watch Jeff Bezos cause audience chuckles in 2000 talk about going to space
- 10 of the biggest houses in the world
- Amzon CEO Jeff Bezos’ fortune balloons by $13 billion in just one day