The Alfa Romeo 4C concept made its debut at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, and so far only a few photos have been officially released. The compact “supercar” relies on the classic two-seater formula for its layout. Rear-wheel drive, a length of just over 13 feet, and wheelbase of less than 8 feet combine to give the concept its compact size and agility. The combination of a completely carbon body along with an aluminum frame structure and crash boxes limit the Romeo 4C’s weight to only 1,874 pounds. Powering the 4C concept will be a 4 cylinder 1750 Turbo Petrol engine that pumps out over 200HP and features cutting-edge technology for direct injection, valve timing, and eliminating turbo lag. The Romero 4C is will not be just a concept — the real thing is expected to go on sale in 2012.
Images courtesy of Autoblog.
- Alfa Romeo plans new large, mild-hybridized SUV with 400 horsepower
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport AWD Review
- How Alfa Romeo plans to conquer North America one Stelvio at a time
- Infiniti Q Inspiration concept aims for efficiency, connectivity, and autonomy
- Alfa Romeo returns to Formula One with Ferrari-powered C37 race car