Macs have always been hit or miss when it comes to gaming. Until recently, it was always a gamble to know if a game would come to this operating system, and most of the time, that gamble didn’t pay off. However, as of the WWDC 2022, Apple has committed to starting “a new day” for Mac gaming focused on two new features to make the platform better. These features are MetalFX, an upscaling program, and the Fast Resource Loading API, which will decrease game loading times.
With these new advancements, more and more games will be coming to Mac, bringing with them a new group of gamers looking for something to play. It doesn’t matter what kind of Mac gamer you are — there’s something for you. That includes AAA blockbusters like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, methodical shooters like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and indie darlings like Stardew Valley. Apple fans may not have access to every Windows game and Steam game, but you’ll still find many of the best PC titles below.
- Praise the dark lord, Metal: Hellsinger adds official mod support
- You can play a fan-made Super Mario Bros. 5 in Mario Maker 2 right now
- Best Xbox One deals and bundles for October 2022
- The best Xbox Series X and Series S deals for October 2022
- Best Xbox Live Gold deals for October 2022