Buying an iPad for yourself or as a gift for a loved one is a great idea. The tablets are very simple to use while offering a surprising amount of power depending on the model you choose. There’s pretty much one for every situation with the standard 10.2-inch iPad perfect for all the family, while the iPad Pro is great for if you need to conduct some video editing on the move. There’s always the iPad Air for strong performance too while the iPad Mini is great for portability. With so many Apple deals around, we’ve highlighted some of the very best so you can save big on a new iPad this holiday season.
The standard 10.2 or 10.9-inch iPad remains one of the best iPads for someone on a budget, particularly when it comes to older generations like the 8th or 9th generation models. If you just want an easy to use tablet to browse the internet, watch some streaming shows, and do other straightforward tasks, it’s a reasonable solution. Just don’t expect premium features like the M1 processor or a high-end display.
- Apple iPad 10.2 8th generation 32GB Wi-Fi (Renewed) —
- Apple iPad 10.2 9th generation 64GB Wi-FI and cellular (Renewed) —
- Apple iPad 10.9 10th generation 64GB Wi-Fi —
- Apple iPad 10.2 9th generation 256GB Wi-Fi and cellular —
- Apple iPad 10.9 10th generation 64GB Wi-Fi and cellular —
- Apple iPad 10.9 10th generation 256GB Wi-Fi and cellular —
Best referred to as “almost everything you want” from an iPad, the iPad Air is a great option if you don’t want to go to the full expense of the iPad Pro but you still want plenty of power. While the screen isn’t quite as good as the iPad Pro, everything else about it is high-end including its M1 processor. Thanks to plenty of accessory compatibility, it’s a good bet for when you need to be more productive as well as relaxing. Older models are still pretty good, packing processors like the A14 bionic chip you may have seen on iPhones.
- Apple iPad Air 4 64GB Wi-Fi (renewed) —
- Apple iPad Air 5 64GB Wi-Fi —
- Apple iPad Air 5 256GB Wi-Fi —
The iPad Pro is the ultimate iPad right now. The latest model uses the M2 chip we’ve already seen in many MacBooks while older models are still packing the M1 chip which provides laptop levels of performance. Alongside that, the screen is gorgeous whether you choose the 11-inch model or the 12.9-inch model. There’s also compatibility for the Apple Pencil and the Magic Keyboard if you need to use the iPad Pro as a laptop replacement. It’s excessive for some people’s needs but it’s certainly impressive.
- Apple iPad Pro 11-inch M1 128GB Wi-Fi and Cellular —
- Apple iPad Pro 11-inch M1 256GB Wi-Fi (refurbished) —
- Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch M2 256GB Wi-Fi —
- Apple iPad Pro 11-inch M2 2TB Wi-Fi — (with My Best Buy)
Considered to be a “little powerhouse”, the Apple iPad Mini is ideal if you need a more portable iPad. It has a smaller 8.3-inch screen but that makes it the perfect middle ground between your phone and a laptop. Performance is pretty good from the A15 Bionic processor which is the same as the one on the iPhone 13. There’s support for the Apple Pencil too making it an ideal tablet for sketching out designs or taking notes. If you want a smaller tablet, this is perfect. Previous iPad Minis weren’t so great performance wise and had a smaller display, so focus your efforts on buying the 6th generation model for the best time. However, you can snag some super cheap older models.
- Apple iPad Mini 7.9-inch 5th generation 64GB Wi-Fi —
- Apple iPad Mini 8.3-inch 6th generation 64GB Wi-Fi —
It’s possible to not buy any accessories for your iPad as each model will work well out of the box. However, you can enrich the experience through a few different accessories. For instance, you can buy an Apple Pencil so you can sketch out designs or write notes. You can also buy the Magic Keyboard for typing up essays or other reports, while there are many case options for keeping your beloved tablet safe. In all cases, check the compatibility of the item before you buy. In particular, it’s a little complicated to know which Apple Pencil to buy for your tablet.
- Apple Smart Cover for iPad (7th to 9th generation) —
- Apple Smart Folio for iPad Air —
- Apple Smart Folio for iPad (10th generation) —
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) —
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation) —
- Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Air —
- Apple Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 12.9-inch —
More Unmissable Deals
- Best 85-inch TV deals: Save on Samsung, Sony, TCL, and more
- Best Apple TV deals: Save on the Apple TV 4K and more
- Best board game deals: 7 Wonders, Clue, Codenames, and more
- Best router deals: Save on mesh networks and Wi-Fi 6 routers
- Best VPN deals: Save on NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark