While Bentley prepares to unveil their 2012 Bentley Continental GTC at the Frankfurt Auto Show, the one-time rotary aero-engine manufacturer would do well to give thanks to professional athletes and mainstream rappers that helped make the Continental the recent success it has enjoyed.
Not looking to rest on its growth, the long-time luxury automobile manufacturer is aiming to appeal to more mainstream markets of the US, Europe and China. And what better way to achieve that than introduce a convertible counterpart to the standard Continental coupe, which is exactly what Bentley has done.
The GTC features a power retracting soft-top, a 6.0 liter W12 engine which pumps out a solid 567 horsepower, is capable of 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, and an impressive top speed of 195 mph.
Pricing has yet to be finalized but more information should be available once car debuts at the Frankfurt Auto Show this month.
Thinking of purchasing a Bentley yourself, or maybe you just fancy listening to a distinguished sounding British guy give an in-depth look at the Contintental GTC? Check out the video below.
- The Bentley Continental GT Convertible is a jet setter’s dream come true
- 2019 Lincoln Continental review
- Lincoln’s stately, limited-edition flagship sedan sells out in a month
- Bentley Bentayga Speed surpasses Lamborghini Urus as world’s fastest SUV
- The biggest production and concept car debuts at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show