In the past two or three years, luxury car manufacturers have taken several cracks at the performance station wagon market. Mercedes-Benz has basically held a monopoly of the breed with its E-class AMG wagon.
Now, however, Jaguar plans to jump into the race for the niche market with the release of the XFR-S estate. According to Car Scoops, the hot Brit wagon boasts 542 horsepower and 501 pound-feet of torque from a supercharged V8. Not only will it go like a wildcat, it’ll also carry 1675 cubic liters of … things.
To keep up with speed demon soccer-mom-mobile rivals, the XFR-S flies from 0 to 60 in 4.8 and is held back from totally raising hell by being capped off at 186 mph. The chassis has also been tuned to be more in line with an estate. And of course, all of the exclusive XFR-S body improvements are featured, so you can make it clear that when your Jag is on the road, you’re on the prowl.
Pricing for the beastly estate is expected to run about $137,000, which is higher than the E63 AMG. How many people, though, do you know with a Jag sports wagon? My guess is zero.
The boys at Jag plan to unleash this monster of a wagon at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show with orders starting April 1st. If you’re in the market for a bad-to-the-bone station wagon, grab one fast because these beauts will only be made in limited numbers.
Oh and I have some bad news: You’ll have to go to England to get one. Jag won’t be selling this mad wagon Stateside.
- If you want to drive this electric Jaguar, you’ll have to play Gran Turismo
- Volvo S60L Petrol Plug-In Hybrid concept slated for 2014 Beijing Motor Show debut
- Aston Martin’s Q program lets buyers further personalize their sumptuous British supercars
- 2014 Ruf’s RCT is an unhinged Porsche 911 Turbo without the all-wheel drive safety net
- Hamann’s limited-edition Lamborghini Aventador sports lime green accents