“We wanted to create something similarly graceful, athletic and confident, but not aggressive or overbearing,” says Gregory Guillaume, Kia’s European design chief. And it’s abundantly clear with the introduction of the new Kia GT concept that they have achieved just that.
While almost every new Kia design has been created for a front-wheel-drive platform, the new GT concept design has expanded to the rear-wheel-dive realm.
While some may take issue with the exterior design of the new Kia GT concept (some displeasure has been voiced over in particular of the headlamp design) there can be no question that what is under the hood is sure to impress. The GT concept is powered by a 3.3-liter turbocharged V6, producing 389 horsepower and 394 pound-feet of torque, with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- 2020 Kia Soul and Soul EV continue to think inside the box
- Kia completes its green-car hat trick with the all-electric 2019 Niro EV
- The hamster-friendly 2020 Kia Soul will rock out at the Los Angeles Auto Show
- 2020 Kia Forte GT gets dash of sportiness to make daily commuting more exciting
- The 2019 Mazda3 gains AWD, fresh design, and a groundbreaking engine