“In response to customer complaints, Best Buy Co. Inc., the world’s largest electronics retailer, promised Friday to eliminate mail-in rebates within two years. Best Buy’s rivals, including CircuitCity Stores and CompUSA, are expected to follow suit.
“Our customers are telling us they just hate the process,” said Ron Boire, executive vice president and general merchandise manager at Best Buy.”
We love to hear this, but the question is whether customers will still get discounts on the products they pay for. Will the savings you would get from a rebate still be passed on in one form or another?
Circuit City, CompUSA and other large retailers are expected to follow this strategy. Rebates will be phased out of Best Buy over the next couple years.
Read more at The Star Tribune
Found VIA Engadget
- Amazon and Best Buy shake hands and team up to sell smart TVs
- How to buy the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- DT Daily: Amazon, Best Buy buddy up to sell each other’s smart TVs
- Best Buy stores will stop selling music CDs, and Target could be next
- Report: Best Buy has broken ties with Huawei and will no longer sell its phones