There’s something strange going on over at the Electronic Arts UK website today. A post carrying the headline “Burnout Crash Is Coming In August 2011″ also states very clearly in its opening paragraph that “the Award-Winning Burnout Series comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network in winter 2011!”
So… uhh… what? Criterion Games’ Burnout Crash was recently confirmed by EA as an upcoming downloadable release that offers an arcade-styled, top-down take on the popular Crash mode featured in earlier Burnout games. The game features Autolog integration and a dedicated Kinect-only that comes exclusive to the XBLA release (for obvious reasons). It had originally been pegged for a fall release when the publisher formally announced its existence last week, but this UK posting seems to tell a different story.
The information has been clarified by EA, responding to a query from 1UP. Burnout Crash is coming this fall, as originally promised. So there you go.
- ‘Burnout Paradise Remastered’ crashes onto consoles March 16
- My Arcade packs retro classics into pint-sized arcade cabinets
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ patch introduces explosive new game mode
- Respawn’s Star Wars game will likely arrive in EA’s 2020 fiscal year
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold