The first salvo of downloadable content for Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to arrive on January 28 for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the developer confirms on Twitter. The Onslaught pack includes four new multiplayer maps, a couple of new guns, and the first add-on “episode” – called Nightfall – for Extinction, the game’s “kill all the aliens with guns” survival mode. A post from the developer on Instagram offers a brief look at what we’re guessing is Nightfall. The pack will be available for other systems in the coming weeks, although a specific date was not released.
The name of the Extinction episode and details of the rest of Onslaught‘s contents comes from a reportedly leaked GameStop poster, spotted by a Twitter-using COD fan, advertising the new content (via Charlie Intel). According to the poster, the four new maps are: Bayview, Containment, Fog, Ignition. For weapons, you get the new Maverick assault rifle and Maverick sniper rifle.
Onslaught falls under the lineup of content coming via Ghosts‘ Season Pass. Three more content packs will follow it over the course of 2014.
- ‘Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris’ Lost Prophecy weapons guide
- The 25 best weapons in ‘Destiny 2,’ and where to find them
- New scoring system gives you a reason to replay ‘Destiny 2’ Nightfall strikes
- Limited-edition ‘Destiny 2’ Ghost comes to life with Amazon Alexa’s new skill
- Bungie outlines its plan for ‘Destiny 2’ content through May