Publisher Deep Silver took to Sony’s stage at E3 2014 to announce a proper sequel to 2011’s Dead Island. The aptly-titled Dead Island 2 is expected to debut in Spring 2015.
Despite being generally well received, the original Dead Island wasn’t the breakout hit that it could have been. Regardless, Deep Silver willed it into a hit gaming franchise with the 2013 release of Dead Island: Riptide. Now the game will have a full sequel in Dead Island 2. The game will live in the same apocalyptic “paradise meets hell” world, with zombies surrounding the survivors in a sunny California setting.
Development for Dead Island 2 has been passed to Yager Development, the makers of Spec Ops: The Line. The game will utilize Unreal Engine 4. Dead Island 2 is expected for a Spring 2015 release on both the PS4 and Xbox One, with the PS4 version receiving exclusive content.
- Telltale Games reportedly lays off most employees, cancels multiple games
- Why are game studios run like sweat shops? The human toll of ‘crunch time’
- ‘The Bard’s Tale 4: Barrows Deep’ is available now on Steam
- ‘Fortnite Battle Royale’ is coming to Android, but not the Google Play Store
- Samsung is beefing up Bixby by opening it up to third-party apps