Diablo 3 releases September 3, 2013 on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Blizzard confirms on Battle.net. Pre-ordering either version of the game gets you an in-game item called the Infernal Helm, which increases experience earned and is wearable at level one.
Blizzard appeared during Sony’s PlayStation 4 announcement to reveal that Diablo 3 was coming to both PS3 and PlayStation 4, and until today it was believed to be exclusive to PlayStation consoles. With the game heading to Xbox 360 as well that is no longer the case.
The question that remains is whether Diablo 3 will also appear on Microsoft’s next-gen Xbox One console. If the PS4 is the only next-gen console to host Blizzard’s latest loot-farming RPG then Sony will retain at least a sliver of exclusivity. So far Blizzard has not revealed a release date for the PS4 version, but that may change at E3.
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Clash of the Titans
- If you bought an original PlayStation 3, you could be $65 richer
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- When is the PlayStation 5 coming? Here are a few educated guesses
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?