Ubisoft Reflections, the studio behind the popular Driver series, is working on a new racing game called The Crew for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and possibly PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, according to a report in The Examiner. The Crew is described as a “realistic” racing title that seems positioned to compete with racing simulator series’ like Turn 10 Studios’ Forza and Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo. The new game is expected to make its official debut at E3.
Ivory Studios, a developer previously rumored to be working on a new Test Drive game, may also be involved with The Crew, according to a later update on the original story. The game may not be a straight simulation, but something entirely different, the site added.
Ubisoft revealed earlier this year that it had some unannounced titles in the works, and The Crew may be one of them. A more realism-oriented simulation contrasts with Ubisoft Reflections’ last Driver title, Driver: San Francisco, which leaned heavily towards the arcade-style side of the genre. It was also completely bonkers. Ubisoft Reflections is currently working alongside Ubi’s Montreal studio on Watch Dogs, one of the first confirmed next-gen titles from the publisher.
You can find a handful of alleged screens from The Crew over at The Examiner, if you’re curious.
- Ubisoft’s open-world racer ‘The Crew 2’ adds planes and boats, debuts in June
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- Report says ‘Diablo III’ is coming to Nintendo Switch despite Blizzard’s denial
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Ubisoft has announced ‘The Division 2,’ and we’ll get a peek at E3