Jurassic World continues to grow with news today that a trio of lady actors have joined the cast of director Colin Trevorrow’s sequel. Now signed on are Judy Greer (Arrested Development‘s Kitty), Katie McGrath (Merlin‘s Morgana), and Lauren Lapkus (Orange is the New Black turnkey Susan Fischer), according to The Hollywood Reporter. There’s no word on which character each will play or the size of their roles, but it’s three more talented actors added to an already sizable cast.
Greer, McGrath, and Lapkus join previously confirmed stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, as well as Vincent D’Onofrio, BD Wong, Irrfan Khan, Jake Johnson, Nick Robinson, and Ty Simpkins, There are a lot of dudes in that group, so the newly confirmed trio should help balance thing out, just so long as they don’t all get the damsels-in-distress treatment.
Greer is busy with sci-fi for the next little bit, with a role in 2014’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and another in Brad Bird’s 2015 feature Tomorrowland. Lapkus appears in the upcoming Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore comedy Blended, though she’s also busy prepping the second season of Orange is the New Black. McGrath is the star of Leading Lady, a 2014 romance flick from director Henk Pretorius, and she’s also got a role in NBC’s Dracula series.
Jurassic World is due to hit theaters on June 12, 2015.
- Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’: Everything we know so far
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’: Everything we know about the new Terminator movie
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum’ — Here’s everything we know so far
- From Glenn Close to Brad Pitt: 15 A-list actors who have never won an Oscar
- 2019 Oscar predictions: Who’s going to win, who should win, and who got snubbed