It isn’t a holiday season without a new Lego game, and TT Games is set to oblige with Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham confirmed for a fall 2014 release on… pretty much everything: Nintendos 3DS and Wii U, PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles, and PlayStation Vita. There’s no date set for the game’s launch, but expect it to arrive sometime in the October/November timeframe that late-year Lego games typically arrive in.
Beyond Gotham follows the lead of its predecessor, which ditched the first game’s Batman lore-only focus in favor of the wider DC Comics universe. In this third game, Batman joins his Justice League pals for a jaunt beyond Gotham (sorry) that takes the crimefighting crew to the Lantern worlds on a mission to recover all of the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac’s nefarious plot.
TT Games promises more than 150 unlockable Lego-fied DC Comics characters, along with an assortment of new abilities and gadgets to play with. In addition to the new story and setting, Lego Batman 3 also introduces refinements like an inventory system and VR-style puzzle missions with competitive elements. We’ll have a deeper look at the game for you later today, so stay tuned.
- From Xbox to plastic blocks: ‘Overwatch’ is leaping into Lego sets
- From pixels to plastic: First official ‘Overwatch’ Lego sets arrive January 1
- Check out this life-size Bugatti Chiron made from over 1 million Lego pieces
- Adorable robotic murder-machine Bastion is the first ‘Overwatch’ Lego set
- The Fidget Cube creators return with ‘Minecraft’-style building blocks