It isn’t a holiday season without a new Lego game, and TT Games is set to oblige with Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham confirmed for a fall 2014 release on… pretty much everything: Nintendos 3DS and Wii U, PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles, and PlayStation Vita. There’s no date set for the game’s launch, but expect it to arrive sometime in the October/November timeframe that late-year Lego games typically arrive in.
Beyond Gotham follows the lead of its predecessor, which ditched the first game’s Batman lore-only focus in favor of the wider DC Comics universe. In this third game, Batman joins his Justice League pals for a jaunt beyond Gotham (sorry) that takes the crimefighting crew to the Lantern worlds on a mission to recover all of the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac’s nefarious plot.
TT Games promises more than 150 unlockable Lego-fied DC Comics characters, along with an assortment of new abilities and gadgets to play with. In addition to the new story and setting, Lego Batman 3 also introduces refinements like an inventory system and VR-style puzzle missions with competitive elements. We’ll have a deeper look at the game for you later today, so stay tuned.
- Lego plants are going green with some help from actual plants
- Lego ‘Stranger Things’ video re-creates season 2’s best scenes
- Buckle up for a thrill ride on the world’s largest Lego wooden roller coaster
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’