Konami’s upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and its already-released prologue, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, are both due for a PC release via Steam, Konami confirms. The news came first from a post on the publisher’s UK website, and it was later re-confirmed by series creator Hideo Kojima in a Gamescom 2014 interview that streamed on Twitch.
There’s no word on release specifics just yet, beyond the fact that Ground Zeroes will be arriving first. The Phantom Pain prologue came to PlayStation and Xbox consoles in March 2014 as a download-only proposition. It’s not a lengthy game, but it offers up a taste of what the series’ newly retuned gameplay feels like in Kojima Productions’ new Fox Engine. Phantom Pain is expected to arrive on consoles in early 2015.
- Hideo Kojima NFT scare ends with physical collectible confirmation
- Delisted Metal Gear games are returning to digital storefronts
- Sony to explore releasing more first-party PlayStation games to PC
- The weird and wonderful visuals of Death Stranding on PC
- Horizon: Zero Dawn drops PS4 exclusivity for PC release this summer