If you’ve been eyeing an Xbox One purchase, then you might want to take a look at this holiday promotion from Microsoft. You can get $50 off the console or console bundle of your choice for any Xbox One purchase made between November 2, 2014 and January 3, 2015. It’s perhaps not the permanent price drop that fans might have hoped for, but it comes along just in time for gift recipients to spend their holiday dollars on a brand new gaming machine.
What’s especially neat is that the deal isn’t limited to standalone consoles. There’s a variety of bundles available for the holiday season that pack in one or more games, and the discount applies to those as well. Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb specifically calls out packages that include Assassin’s Creed (both Black Flag and Unity), Sunset Overdrive, and Call of Duty (Advanced Warfare). The former two can be gotten for $350 apiece and the third — which also includes a custom console/controller and a built-in 1TB hard drive — sells for $450.
Hryb also notes that you’ll be able to capitalize on the offer at an assortment of “major retailers”: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys ‘R Us, and Walmart are all listed.
- Microsoft’s E3 sale includes the first discount on the Xbox One X
- Xbox reportedly lays off its support staff, replaces them with volunteers
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online subscription service kicks off next month
- The best Nintendo Switch games (August 2018)
- Here are the best Memorial Day sales for brand-name home appliances