In addition to the new content, the “Kombat Pack 2” packs in multiple sets of old DLC. If they don’t have it already, players will add Goro to their playable roster, plus the “Kold War Pack,” the Kold War Scorpion outfit, and the “Brazil Pack” outfits. For those of you keep score, the “Kombat Pack 2” will give players access to five characters and 10 extra character skins.
The new character set continues to build Netherrealm Studios’ practice of adding non-canonical characters to its games as DLC, which has become something of a tradition in the studio’s modern era. The team added God of War hero Kratos and Nightmare on Elm Street villain Freddy Kreuger to the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot as DLC. Mortal Kombat favorite Scorpion joined the otherwise all-canonical roster of their DC Comics fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us. Most recently, the first “Kombat Pack” for Mortal Kombat X, which packaged the game’s first wave of post-release DLC characters, added Jason from the Friday the 13th films and the Predator to the mix.
Mortal Kombat X‘s “Kombat Pack 2” will be available later this year. The first “Kombat Pack” came included with some collector’s edition box sets and cost $30 on its own.
- New Horizon: Call of the Mountain footage shows off VR action
- Leatherface returns in new Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer
- Mortal Kombat sequel will be written by Moon Knight scribe
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus trailer shows new ways to catch ’em all
- Xbox Game Pass adds Mortal Kombat 11, loses three Yakuza games