The game, which launched April 28, has quickly become a hit amongst game reviewers. GameSpot gave “Guild Wars” an Editors’ Choice Award. GameSpot executive editor, Greg Kasavin, wrote, “It innovatively and successfully combines many of the best, most addictive properties of action RPGs, online RPGs, and competitive multiplayer games in one beautifully produced package. There’s never really been anything quite like it before.”
GameZone also awarded “Guild Wars” with an Editor’s Choice, calling the game, “A feast for the eyes.” 1UP editors said, “`Guild Wars’ redefines, going forward, what to expect from an online adventure.”
“Guild Wars” is now available at most major North American computer game retail outlets at an estimated retail price of US$49.99. No monthly subscription fee is required. A special Collector’s Edition featuring a hard-cover art book, Internet chat headset, “Guild Wars” soundtrack CD and other items is also available for an estimated retail price of US$69.99. The game is rated Teen by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.
- Everything you need to know about Masterwork gear in ‘Destiny 2’
- Here’s how to use Apple Pay with your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Mac
- Annoyed by unwanted phone calls? Here’s how to block a number in Android
- Bitcoin’s value crashes and it’s taking other currencies with it
- ‘It’s still tripping me out’ — Elon Musk on Starman’s space adventure