Check out our full written Wolfenstein: The New Order review.
MachineGames’ steampunk-ified revival shooter Wolfenstein: The New Order is set to launch in North America on May 20, 2014, publisher Bethesda Softworks confirms. A launch in Europe will follow on May 23, 2014. The game, which sends series protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz into an alt-reality 1960 where the Nazis and their steam-powered machines won World War II, is coming to PC, as well as PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
Those that pre-order the game will score beta access to Doom. No, we don’t know what that is. All Bethesda will say is that the beta’s for the next Doom game from id Software. Soooooo… new Doom confirmed! And you can get into the beta, whenever it launches, by pre-ordering Wolfenstein! You’ll find more details about the pre-order bonus on the official website.
While we can’t tell you anything more about Doom, we can share this newly released Wolfenstein trailer, which offers an extended look at some gameplay. You get not one but two separate moments in which a knife is shoved into someone’s throat. Don’t be sad. It’s really okay. The stabbing victims are Nazis. Those guys exist in video games to be abused. Just wait until you see how the trailer ends….
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile’ wants you to ignore your friends to win
- Where to pre-order the PlayStation Classic
- Bethesda says ‘Fallout 76’ servers will be online ‘forever’
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ parachutes onto PlayStation 4 on December 7
- Why Intel and Nvidia controversies prove you should always wait for benchmarks