We have the solution to Wordle (#905) on December 11, as well as some helpful hints to help you figure out the answer yourself, right here. We’ve placed the answer at the bottom of the page, so we don’t ruin the surprise before you’ve had a chance to work through the clues. So let’s dive in, starting with a reminder of yesterday’s answer.
Let’s start by first reminding ourselves of yesterday’s Wordle answer for those new to the game or who don’t play it daily, which was “CHAIN.” So we can say that the Wordle answer today definitely isn’t that. Now, with that in mind, perhaps take another stab at it using one of these Wordle starting words and circle back if you have no luck.
Still can’t figure it out? We have today’s Wordle answer right here, below. But first, one more thing: Let’s take a look at three hints that could help you find the solution, without giving it away, so there’s no need to feel guilty about keeping your streak alive — you put in some work, after all! Or just keep scrolling for the answer.
- Today’s Wordle starts with the letter H.
- Today’s Wordle uses three vowels.
- Today’s Wordle is something Millenials are having a hard time affording.
No luck? Don’t sweat it — you can’t get them all! If you just want to see today’s Wordle answer to continue your streak, you can find it below.
The answer to today’s Wordle is …
Today’s Wordle definition
And here’s what it means, according to our good friend ChatGPT:
A “house” typically refers to a building or structure designed for people to live in. Here are some key characteristics and aspects of a house:
- A house serves as a place of residence for individuals or families. It provides shelter, living space, and a sense of belonging.
- Houses can vary widely in terms of architectural styles, sizes, and designs. They may be detached, semi-detached, or attached to other buildings.
- A typical house consists of various rooms, such as bedrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and possibly additional spaces like a dining room or a study.
- Houses are designed to provide protection and shelter from the elements, including weather conditions such as rain, wind, and extreme temperatures.
- Houses can be owned or rented. Ownership implies that an individual or entity has legal rights to the property, while renting involves paying for the right to live in the house without owning it.
- Beyond its physical structure, a house is often associated with the concept of a “home” — a place of comfort, security, and personal expression.
- Dwelling Unit:
- A house is a type of dwelling unit, distinguishing it from other types of residential structures such as apartments, condominiums, or townhouses.
It’s important to note that the term “house” can be used more broadly in certain contexts, such as referring to a legislative body (e.g., the House of Representatives), or metaphorically to describe a family lineage (e.g., the House of Tudor). The primary meaning, however, is related to a building for human habitation.
It might seem like Wordle is all luck, but there are a few good practices you can use to help get as many clues as possible in just a few guesses, making it that much more likely you can figure out the final word before you run out of tries. The most important guess is your first, and the trick is to load up on vowels (A, E, I, O, and U).
Some popular starting words people have had good luck with are “adieu,” “media,” “arise,” and “radio.” Just make sure not to pick a word with double letters, or you’re wasting precious guesses. The aim here is to try to figure out which vowels the mystery word contains, then layer in common consonants and close in from there.
Your second word, assuming that the first one gave you a good jumping-off point, should begin to lean more heavily on common consonants like R, S, and T. More good ones here we’ve seen are “stern,” “irate,” and “atone.” You never want to reuse any letters from a prior round that showed up as gray — you know they aren’t in the word.
Now that’s all solved and the definition is taken care of, and you’re armed with some tips to crush tomorrow’s Wordle, here are some games like Wordle you can try today.
- NYT Connections today: answers and hints for Saturday, December 9
- Best Wordle starting words, tips, and tricks
- Wordle answers just got tougher, courtesy of a NYT change
- Wordle fans, WordleBot has a new recommended opening guess
- Wordle is getting its own board game adaptation from Hasbro