The future is not looking good for the mutants of the world, as we see in this new trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past. Peter Dinklage may be the only lovable Lannister in Game of Thrones, but he’s the mutant-hating, Sentinel-inventing Bolivar Trask 20th Century Fox’s return to Marvel Comics, and you get your clearest peek yet at his creations in action here.
Days of Future Past sees X-Men and X2: X-Men United director Bryan Singer return to the series for the first time in more than a decade. The movie combines the Marvel mutant universe as Singer envisioned it with the one that director Matthew Vaughn ushered into being in his 2011 take, X-Men: First Class. Key cast members from both appear in Days thanks to a time-twisting plot in which the mutants of the present travel to the past in order to save the future. Or something like that.
We’ll find out soon. X-Men: Days of Future Past is in theaters on May 23.
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Everything we know about the Queen biopic
- First ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ trailer sends Marvel’s mutants down a dark path
- ‘Black Panther 2’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel
- The best movies on Netflix right now (December 2018)