Earlier this week we got a live demo of JetPack Aviation’s new JB-10 jetpack, and it totally blew our minds. After a few minutes of preflight checks, founder and chief pilot David Mayman lifted off from the back of a tugboat, ascended a few dozen feet, and then zipped across the Port of Long Beach as if he had done it a million times. It was nuts — the amount of control and articulation he had over the pack was exactly like all the sci-fi movies had promised — and apparently it doesn’t take much training, either.
Sound like fun? Well we’ve got good news for you. To celebrate the completion of the JB-10, JetPack Aviation is raffling off a chance to be the first civilian to fly the jetpack. If you’re bold enough to give it a try, follow the links below and we’ll put you into a fully randomized electronic drawing.JetPack Aviation
- For only $4,950, you can get jetpack lessons from the world’s only instructor
- Our guide to the Fly Explosives limited-time mode for ‘Fortnite’
- How to win the Fortnite Close Encounters limited time mode
- ‘Fortnite’ update removes controversial Drum Gun, adds Suppressed Assault Rifle
- How General Motors is preparing for an electric, autonomous, connected future