First and foremost, the AXX 200 is a speaker. A Bluetooth/NFC-enabled speaker designed to fit in your pocket and go wherever you go. The two 1.5-inch drivers and rear panel’s subwoofer outlet push sound like any other Bluetooth speaker – and we’re sure it’ll perform just fine, given Creative’s 25 years of experience in the audio industry. But it’s the device’s supporting cast that makes the AXX 200 shine.
The speaker’s microphone allows conference calls (now a near-standard feature Bluetooth speakers these days speakers), but also doubles as a megaphone and Dictaphone. Conference calls are enhanced by Creative’s proprietary CrystalVoice Focus (the tech hones in on and favors voices over ambient noises). And for those certain situations in which you need to empty a crowded room or wake up that teenager who won’t get out of bed, there’s the “loud siren” feature. Finally, you’ll be able to “morph your voice into different creatures” – we’ll have to give this a try ourselves before making any judgement calls.
The device’s app is both iOS- and Android-supported, and with a USB port for device-charging, users should rarely find themselves tuneless or phoneless. The BlasterAXX 200 is available now for $150 via Creative’s online store and at Amazon.
- The best Bluetooth speakers for under $100
- “A pleasant surprise” — These AirPods-style Anker earbuds are $35 today
- Best Buy is having a huge sale on wireless headphones – Bose and more
- The best waterproof Bluetooth speakers for 2023: from JBL, Marshall, and more
- Best AV receivers 2023: top sound for your home theater