Sonos has released a Universal binary version of its Sonos Desktop Controller 1.3 software, enabling Apple‘s new Intel-based iMac and MacBook Pro Macintosh computers to control the company’s wireless music systems.
According to Sonos representatives, previous releases of the Sonos Desktop Controller software did not function on Apple’s new Intel-based Macs; while the new Universal binary edition adds no new features, it does enable the new Intel-based Macs to serve as the heart of a Sonos wireless music system.
Apple plans to transition its entire line of Macintosh computers to Intel-based processors by the end of 2006.
Sonos users with Intel-based Macs can obtain the Universal binary version by calling Sonos Customer Support at 800/680-2345 or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonos vs. Bluesound: A Hi-fi, Wi-Fi Speaker System Shootout
- Sonos One speakers are getting a new splash of color later this year
- Apple AirPlay 2.0: Everything you need to know
- Gently used smart home tech now on sale in the Swappa marketplace
- Apple HomePod smart speaker is now available for pre-order