At this year’s CeBIT expo, Toshiba has taken the wraps off the Qosmio G30, the latest addition to its high-end line of multimedia computers and its first laptop equipped with an HD DVD-capable optical drive. The new notebook is due to begin shipping in April in the United Kingdom, and it truly wants to be your full-equipped entertainment center. The Qosmio G30 will offer a TV Tuner, DVB-T tuner, Windows XP Media Center Edition, a GeForce 7600 graphics unit with 256 MB of video memory, a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, HDMI digital output, two 120 GB RAID drives, and a 1080p-compatible 1920 by 1700-pixel display.
Besides an HD DVD drive
- LED vs. LCD TVs explained: What’s the difference?
- Millimeter wave to low-band: The different types of 5G and how they work
- Lifestyles of the ridiculously rich: ‘Cheapest’ of these 7 homes starts at $150M
- With CabinSense, cars will soon know who’s riding in them and respond accordingly
- The difference between diesel- and gasoline-powered cars