Given the monstrous collection of headphones that have filtered through the DT offices over the years, we thought we’d seen it all. But we were wrong. In a testament to humanity’s insuppressible quest for individuality and creativity, the bounty of weird and wild headphone designs floating around these days is staggering.
In honor of the creative minds that have helped push the boundaries of headphone design into a whole new realm, we’ve put together this little collection to give you a taste of what’s out there. Some of these pieces are extremely cool, and are even out on the market. Others are so strange and impractical, they border on the utterly ridiculous. (See Lil’ Wayne) All of them, however, are worth a look, so we hope you’ll enjoy our tour of the world’s weirdest headphones.
- Pad your collection with the best free (and totally legal) music download sites
- QLED vs. OLED TV: Similar names, totally different technologies
- Totally tiny and cool: 18 portable tech gadgets you’ll want to use every day
- For singer Tory Lanez’ totally freestyled new album, memories are everything
- This e-skin is not only self-healing, it’s totally recyclable too