Worried you might’ve left the oven on, but can’t make it home to check? No problem. With GE’s newest free-standing Profile Series gas and electric ranges, you can just hop on your smartphone to check if it’s still running, and turn it off remotely with just a tap.
Earlier this week, the company pulled the curtain back on three new additions to its rapidly-growing lineup of smart kitchen appliances, all of which can be controlled remotely via GE’s Brillion app for iOS and Android. The new free-standing ranges are GE’s second cooking appliances, following the Profile Series wall oven– that allow users to preheat, set time, and adjust the temperature from a mobile device.
“We’re expanding our line of connected appliances to make life easier while you’re on the go,” said Product Manager Jonathan Sprigler. “Consumers expect more things to be accessible through their phones, and GE is enabling them to have the control they want.”
Smartphone controls aren’t the only trick GE has up its sleeve either. In addition to letting you preheat the oven while you’re on you’re way home with a pizza, the new Profile Series ranges (models PB930, PGB940, P2B940) also boast a slew of high-end features, including:
- True European Convection with GE’s Precise Air circulation technology that increases air coverage on food, resulting in better cooking performance (electric models only).
- A warming drawer that provides variable temperature control for keeping foods warm.
- Self-clean, heavy-duty roller rack that easily glides out and requires less effort to transfer dishes from the oven to the table.
- An oven meat probe tracks the temperature of the food in the oven without constantly opening the oven door.
- Tri-ring burners that let you determine what size heating element you need—6, 9 or 12 inches—to perfect your recipes.
- Notification lighting that makes it easy to multitask while you cook. The interior oven light automatically comes on when the oven has preheated so you can quickly see the progress while you do something else.
Model number PB930 retails for about $1,599, whereas both PGB940 and P2B940 model numbers will go for $2,099. Find out more here
- Bosch Wall Oven Series 500 HBE5452UC review
- LG’s SmartThinQ appliances cook up support for both Alexa and Google Assistant
- Get meals started before you get home with Gourmia’s IoT multi-cooker
- After a long wait, the Tovala oven is here for modern cooking convenience
- Bring your leftovers back to life with the best microwaves on the market