Sling Media is expected to show off a new mobile client at this week’s CES show in Las Vegas, enabling users to watch any television channel available at their house from anywhere they have broadband access via a Windows Mobile device, such as a Windows-based smartphone or PDA.
Sling Media’s current Slingbox hardware product enables “placeshifting”, whereby users can watch live television anywhere they go using a PC or laptop. The Slingbox device connects to a user’s home TV, encodes, encrypts, and digitally transmits channel selections to an authorized remote user via the Internet.
Sling Media’s anticipated new mobile client follows the same principle
- Here’s how to mirror your smartphone or tablet onto your TV
- AT&T 5G rollout: Everything you need to know
- The best and most interesting mobile accessories at CES 2019
- Windows 10 Mobile is dead: Switch to iOS or Android, Microsoft says
- At CES 2019, ADT pivots further towards smart home security solutions