According to Inside Universal, Singapore has long had a raptor encounter and Orlando added one in May, but such an attraction has been noticeably absent from Universal Studios Hollywood. The park decided to even things up with its recent addition. Visitors now have the chance to come face-to-face with a mechanical Velociraptor in the Lower Lot, which is located near Jurassic Park The Ride. So far, it’s reported to be a hit, drawing crowds consistently over the course of its first days.
Based on the video, the encounter does look like fun (skip to 4:25 for the good part.) The raptor handler may not be Chris Pratt, but he’s entertaining nonetheless. He manages to build suspense by telling the crowd that he’s “the only thing standing in between you and the digestive tract of a very hungry dinosaur.” He also quips, “I think we’re going to have a good experience. We’re going to be able to reset that days without an incident calendar — up to double digits this time, I hope.”
It’s no surprise that Universal Studios would give fans more Jurassic Park-themed attractions. Jurassic World has been an undisputed box office darling, setting records left and right, even up against stiff competition like Terminator: Genisys, Inside Out, and Magic Mike XXL. As more films are added to the franchise, more dinosaurs should be headed our way.
- Apple patent suggests it will allow for more than two Face ID registrations
- Midsize truck face-off: Jeep Gladiator, Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma
- Bill and Ted Face the Music: Every excellent (and bogus) thing we know so far
- Nvidia faces attacks from AMD, Intel, and even Google. Should it be worried?
- Will Apple sell its Touch ID and Face ID technology to automakers?