It seems like there was a lot going on in the news this week, so we have a bunch of current events to cover – everything from iPad 2 to AllRovi.com. Then we go over some tips from an article at Electronic House called Acoustics Matter: Easy Home Theater Audio Tweaks. The article has some good ideas for how to get the most out of your home theater audio equipment and configuration.
- Mitsubishi Electric Develops ‘Laser Backlight LCD TV’
- Panasonic’s 2011 Blu-Ray Line
- Combo Packs Threaten Blu-ray Disc Production
- DirecTV Releases iPad App
- DIRECTV to Offer Premium VOD, But The Price Is Too Damn High!
- Latest Rovi Moves Establish Consumer Presence
- Check out a podcast called American Freethought hosted by Listener David.
- VYB Technical Solutions, run by Listener Marquis, is an IT consulting and support business providing residential and small business services in Sacramento, CA. Mention the HT Guys and get 20% off.
Acoustics Matter: Easy Home Theater Audio Tweaks
Setting up a surround sound system isn’t rocket science, but most people take the easy way out by simply plugging everything in and leaving it at that. Remember though that every room affects sound differently, and receiver manufacturers don’t know what kind of speakers you’re using.
To get the most out of your surround sound system, you’ve got a bit of work to do and the below seven tips should help you get started.
1. What Are You Doing, Dave?
2. Size Matters
3. Don’t Be Afraid to Cross Over
4. Two is Greater Than One
5. Level Out
6. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
7. Viva Lossless
Read the full article