With so many of its competitors entering the four-door coupe market, many within the industry were beginning to wonder when BMW would release its own four-door coupe and challenge the likes of Audi, Mercdes Benz, and even Porsche’s Panamera. Well, that wait appears to be finally over as BMW is readying the release of its 6 Series Gran Coupe.
The 6 Series Gran Coupe will be available in two versions; the 640i or the 650i. The 640i will feature a 315 hp TwinPower Turbo 3.0-liter cylinder engine and will be capable of 0 to 62 mph in 5.4 seconds. The 650i will sport a 445 hp TwinPower Turbo V8 that boosts performance to 0 to 62 in 4.6 seconds.
Expect a host of luxury to adorn the interior of the Gran Coupe as well as a range of electronic extras. No pricing is available for the Gran Coupe just yet, but that will likely come in March when BMW unveils the 6 Series Gran Coupe officially at the Geneva Motor Show.
- We need more 7-passenger EVs, but the 2023 Mercedes EQS SUV has room to improve
- Lux and refreshingly livable, Mercedes’ EQE moves EVs mainstream
- 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV aims for affordability with $30,000 base price
- 2022 Volkswagen ID. Buzz first drive review: The iconic hippie hauler goes electric
- We tested the self-driving Mercedes tech so advanced, it’s not allowed in the U.S.