McLaren isn’t saying a lot about its next supercar, the 650S, which will make its global debut on March 4th at the Geneva Motor Show.
Although it’s being rather tight-lipped, the British automaker has given us at least one hint about the car. McLaren admits the 650S it will be slated between the MP4-12C and the psychotic P1 hypercar.
Frankly, this announcement comes as a bit of a shock; I was expecting the ‘entry-level’ McLaren to take the stage in Geneva.
Reportedly named the P13, the entry-level McLaren would take on the likes of the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Audi R8. Apparently McLaren’s brass saw room in the middle to go against cars like the Lamborghini Aventador.
So here’s to you, Saudi Princes. McLaren hasn’t answered the prayers of Wall Street; instead it’s answered yours.
- The three-seat BP23 ‘Hyper-GT’ will be the fastest McLaren ever
- 814-horsepower McLaren Senna GTR can only be unleashed on a racetrack
- McLaren shares its proven recipe for the ultimate supercar
- PAL-V claims its Liberty is more than another flying-car mirage
- The biggest car and SUV debuts at the 2018 New York Auto Show