McLaren isn’t saying a lot about its next supercar, the 650S, which will make its global debut on March 4th at the Geneva Motor Show.
Although it’s being rather tight-lipped, the British automaker has given us at least one hint about the car. McLaren admits the 650S it will be slated between the MP4-12C and the psychotic P1 hypercar.
Frankly, this announcement comes as a bit of a shock; I was expecting the ‘entry-level’ McLaren to take the stage in Geneva.
Reportedly named the P13, the entry-level McLaren would take on the likes of the Porsche 911 Turbo and the Audi R8. Apparently McLaren’s brass saw room in the middle to go against cars like the Lamborghini Aventador.
So here’s to you, Saudi Princes. McLaren hasn’t answered the prayers of Wall Street; instead it’s answered yours.
- 2019 McLaren 720S and 600LT Spider first drive
- This race-ready Toyota Supra concept is too cool not to go into production
- Subaru’s latest Viziv concept car is pumped full of adrenaline
- Aston Martin’s next hypercar, due in 2021, will pack a hybrid powertrain punch
- Kia Niro hybrid and Niro plug-in hybrid get face-lift, infotainment upgrade