Just when you thought the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG couldn’t get any edgier, the German-based automaker unleashes a new edition of the car to be sold exclusively in Japan that’ll likely have a few people checking freight costs.
The special C63 AMG limited model, which is strictly for the Japan market, comes in a white exterior finish with red accents on the mirrors, brake, calipers, boot lid spoiler, and a two-tone red and black leather interior.
The car will boost the same power as the popular Performance Studio edition rolled out last year in Japan − with an increase in the V8’s engine output by 30 horsepower, from 450 horsepower to 480 horsepower.
Mercedes-Benz is only making 35 units of the car, which includes 15 coupes and 20 sedans.
The limited edition C63 AMG Performance Studio model, unveiled last summer exclusively for the Japanese market, featured a matte black exterior with red accents on the wheels, and a two-tone, red and black interior.
More details on the new edition will be released soon, which will likely only further infuriate fans in the U.S who’d like to get their hands on one.
- Mercedes’ new C-Class coupe packs up to 385 horsepower and a 10-inch touchscreen
- Even performance cars are getting hybrid engines
- These Mercedes-AMG wagons are the crossover cure you’ve been waiting for
- Mercedes-AMG charges into Panamera territory with a four-door GT fastback
- Here is our list of the most expensive cars in the world