According to the Germany weekly news magazine, Focus, as reported by Reuters, the new line of luxury vehicles will be based on the technology of Mercedes Benz’s compact A-Class. The line-up is expected to kick off with a small SUV in 2015, which will be even smaller than the new GLA compact crossover set to debut at the Shanghai Auto Show later this month.
A three-door model targeted at potential Mini buyers is expected in 2016, according to Focus.
News of the new Mercedes line-up is the latest in a growing trend among luxury carmakers to develop more compact entry-level cars to appeal to a new consumer base who are looking for more practicality as well as luxury in a vehicle.
Prices for all cars in the new Mercedes-Benz line-up will range between 17,000 euros ($22,300) and 20,000 euros, according to Focus.
- New Macs, a faster iPad Pro, and higher prices – Here’s what Apple announced
- Zero Motorcycle’s latest electric bikes boast more power, longer range
- The new Garmin Vivosmart 4 can keep tabs on your blood oxygen level
- Anker’s new smart devices will have you dimming the lights and jamming out
- Gjemeni’s transformer furniture lets you power up or down with a click