Since Mercedes-Benz teased its forthcoming sports car, the AMG GT, earlier this year with images of its supple, red-accented interior, we’ve been waiting with bated breath for snapshots of the whole thing.
Sadly, today is not that day.
Instead, Mercedes has teased not the car’s body, which, according to a Top Gear interview with Gordon Wagener, Mercedes’ chief designer, “will be the most beautiful car my team and me have ever designed,” but rather its twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine howl.
That’s not the only mightily boastful statement the German brand is making about its forthcoming Porsche-punching sports car; in the video, as the engine roars, Mercedes runs copy saying, “This is what you get when a company unleashes its creative and engineering forces to combine the absolute best of all it has ever done into a single, monumental, unwavering engineering achievement.”
Boy, this had better be a good car, because, if it’s not, there are going to be some seriously embarrassed Germans moping around Stuttgart.
Mercedes-AMG has seriously caught our attention, not with its braggadocio but rather with the roar of that mighty V8. We’ll be sure to keep up on this story, so be sure to check back soon for more updates.
- Here is our take on the 10 greatest BMWs of all time
- Five ways the refreshed 2018 Mustang GT merges brains with brawn
- These Mercedes-AMG wagons are the crossover cure you’ve been waiting for
- Electric Tesla pickups are coming right after more crossovers
- Toyota planning a high-performance, Supra-themed surprise for the Geneva show