Since Mercedes-Benz teased its forthcoming sports car, the AMG GT, earlier this year with images of its supple, red-accented interior, we’ve been waiting with bated breath for snapshots of the whole thing.
Sadly, today is not that day.
Instead, Mercedes has teased not the car’s body, which, according to a Top Gear interview with Gordon Wagener, Mercedes’ chief designer, “will be the most beautiful car my team and me have ever designed,” but rather its twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 engine howl.
That’s not the only mightily boastful statement the German brand is making about its forthcoming Porsche-punching sports car; in the video, as the engine roars, Mercedes runs copy saying, “This is what you get when a company unleashes its creative and engineering forces to combine the absolute best of all it has ever done into a single, monumental, unwavering engineering achievement.”
Boy, this had better be a good car, because, if it’s not, there are going to be some seriously embarrassed Germans moping around Stuttgart.
Mercedes-AMG has seriously caught our attention, not with its braggadocio but rather with the roar of that mighty V8. We’ll be sure to keep up on this story, so be sure to check back soon for more updates.
- Get your camera out: Mercedes-AMG Project One supercar tests on public roads
- Hit the high seas in style with Lexus’ upcoming LY 650 luxury yacht
- Samsung Galaxy S10: Here’s everything we know
- Mustang-like and electrified. What did Ford just show a preview of?
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan first drive review