One of the biggest social-media trends right now is apps that allow you to live stream whatever you want, whenever you want, right from your smartphone. Today we gave Nomadcast a try, after using Periscope the last several weeks, and of course, we had to stop and debate the merits.
The Oculus Connect 2 event included a number of announcements intended to take VR into the mainstream. The Gear VR 2 will be coming out for $99, and Hulu and Netflix have also announced their plans to jump into VR content production as well. But do filmmakers actually know what to do with 360-degree video and VR yet?
Volkswagen is in a world of trouble in the U.S., after news broke it had intentionally installed software to fool EPA emissions tests. Almost 500,000 cars will need to be recalled. How did this all happen, and who knew about it?
Please subscribe and share Trends with Benefits. Today’s episode features Caleb Denison, Nick Mokey, Rick Stella and host Greg Nibler. We also broadcast the show on Nomadcast this week. Follow @DigitalTrends to be alerted when we go live or send in questions ahead of time to email@example.com.
- USA Today’s Emerging Tech director talks about the future of storytelling
- Jobbatical’s Lauren Proctor discusses the future of jobs for tech experts
- Here’s how to watch Apple’s October 30 Mac and iPad event
- We checked out Samsung’s 5G concept phone. Here’s what it’s like
- That’s no moon — it’s a hole for the camera on Honor’s new smartphone