You’ve seen what the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang looks like. You’ve read its specs. But what does it sound like? Well, delightfully, we have that for you, too.
Yes, I’ll admit it’s not the best example of the acoustics of the updated Coyote 5.0-liter V8. But it’s better than nothing, right?
That upgraded 5.0 now makes 420 ponies, up 8 hp over the last version of the Coyote.
I absolutely love the sound of the Coyote underneath the 2015 skin. I, however, have always loved the sounds of the Coyote. The sounds I am really curious to hear are those of the new 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder that will be wedged between the base V6 and the V8 as the mid-level powerplant. I suspect, though, we won’t hear that one roar for a little while
Want to learn more about the 2015 Ford Mustang? Check out our full breakdown.
If you’re curious to know how it drives, you’ll have to wait for our first drive report early next year. Until then, these dulcet V8 tones will have to do.
- Mustang-like and electrified. What did Ford just show a preview of?
- The snake escapes: Ford’s 700-hp Mustang GT500 slithers online ahead of schedule
- Camaro vs. Mustang: Differences and similarities between two premier pony cars
- Ford’s new Shelby GT500 Mustang will have 3D-printed brake parts
- Gateway’s born-again Ford Bronco boasts classic style, 2018 muscle car power