Did you know Spain has its own supercar firm? That’s right; it does. It’s called GTA Motor or “Spania GTA” as it’s now known.
Last year the company unveiled its latest supercar at the Geneva Motor Show, dubbed the Spano (pictured). Needless to say reaction to Spain’s sexy supercar was positive. Producing 840 horsepower from an 8.3-liter V10, the Spano is capable of a 0-62 MPH time of only 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 217 MPH.
The mid-vehicle mounted Spanish powerhouse of an engine is mated to a seven-speed sequential gearbox, which assures drivers won’t miss a shift.
Now rumor has it from Autovisie that Spania GTA might have a Spano R to unveil at next month’s Geneva Auto Show. If rumors are correct, the Spano R will produce somewhere in the 1,200 horsepower range. It stands to reason, then, that the 0-62 time and top speed would drop a bit with the 360 horsepower jump.
The Spano currently runs a measly $762,150; the Spano R will certainly top that. With an expected limited run, we wouldn’t be surprised to see the R go for $1-million or more.
For those with the checkbooks big enough to pull the financial trigger on the Spano R, deliveries should begin sometime later this year.
If and when the Spano R debuts at Geneva next month, we’ll bring you all the official facts and figures. For now, though, we’ll just have to make due with 840 horsepower version.
- 2020 Lamborghini Huracán Evo Spyder revealed ahead of 2019 Geneva Motor Show
- Audi R8 V10 Decennium celebrates 10 years of 10-cylinder power
- Volkswagen’s hot-rodded T-Roc R is ready to shred its tires to confetti
- Jeep’s smallest SUVs go the plug-in hybrid route for more efficient off-roading
- The 10 most droolworthy concept cars of the year, and 1 big cringe