All benchmarks suffer from similar problems, according to Google, meaning that the very process of making benchmarks to demonstrate performance eventually leads to performance decreases as developers write code that’s optimized for the benchmarks and not the real world. Google’s efforts going forward will be focused on improving performance measurements of browser performance on real web pages as opposed to merely running static test suites.
- The best web browsers for 2020
- The best browser for Mac in 2020
- The fastest cars in the world
- Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Performance, design, security, and more
- The best convertibles for 2020